Troubled by lightnings

I've been away from the computer for too long, way too long. I couldn't help it. Blame it on the rainy days here. After we got back from Perth, we found that our iMac was burnt by lightning. Well, at least that's what we were told. It happened simply because we forgot to get the power plug off the wall, and it took time to order and replace the burnt parts. I finally got it back last friday. Luckily for us, it was under Apple Protection Plan, so it didn't cost us a thing. *phew*

Guess what, I don't think our iMac was the only thing that's burnt by lightning. Our built-in microwave was suddenly dead last Monday, and the repairman came down last Thursday telling us that the fuse got blown out. He suggested to get a new one instead of repairing it, considering that the microwave is around 7 years old. It came with the unit which we bought 3 years ago. So I need to find a replacement that fits into that built-in hole. This one will definitely cost us something.

The weather is kinder the past few days, but then again, I'd say Singapore has a different kind of weather, compare to other places I had lived in before. Hot & sunny in the morning with thunder in the late afternoon are pretty common to happen on the same day. Afterall, Singapore is an island, so it won't take long to get rainy after sunny.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis